The first shelter was opened in 1931 and consisted of a two-storey building with stone walls and wooden roof gable with mantle sheet. Later the coverage in metal frames and concrete was remade after being uncovered in a winter storm.

The refuge was then secured and there emerged the need for a kitchen and new toilets. As the years passed and the influx of visitors increased, in 1998 it became necessary to increase the number of services, by raising the floor of a low building previously made for the same purpose, the kitchen was completely reorganised, also a small pantry on the ground floor and attic finding space for winter dormitories.

Project:  1998

Completion: 1999/2000

Designer:  Archt. Gian Mario Bertarione