The Garelli refuge was inaugurated in 1950 and expanded, first in 1985, then in 1968, due to the continuous increase in visitors. The construction of the new shelter was made in the nineties as a result of a fire in 1987 which completely destroyed the original building. The hut, with stone base and steel structure, consists of glass parts and ground sheet inclined to recall the peaks of the near and above Marguareis; the interiors are mostly in wood, designed in such a way as to exploit all the spaces and in order to achieve 99 beds and adequate sanitation. It is quipped with emergency exits and winter residence (kitchen and beds).
Designer: Archt. Gian Mario Bertarione