In place of the first camp of 1934, the first hut-shaped brick built refuge was opened in 1965. The 1997 project involved the construction of a steel staircase with steel and glass placed between the old building and the new extension in stone, with a glazed tower on the second floor, to use as the living room. Space was found in the new body on the ground floor for the kitchen with its services and on the first floor sleeping area for the keepers, with their own services and additional services for the bedroom.
Designer: Archt. Gian Mario Bertarione